This assignment has been designed to assist you to explore principles that underpin community health nursing and understand how these can be applied in nursing practice within a community setting.
Discuss how the community nurse could promote health literacy in relation to the health goal identified for the chosen client group.
In this task you are required to do the following: 1) Choose one of the given scenarios (see below).
2) Write a 2,000 word essay which discusses how the community nurse, informed by an understanding of the social determinants of health and the principles of primary health care, could promote health literacy in relation to the health goal for the chosen client group.
3) Ensure that you base your analysis and discussion on community health principles and approaches; including primary health care (rather than the biomedical model); a group, community or population focus and health promotion and disease prevention strategies.
4) Ensure that you use scholarly literature relevant to the essay topic and the scenario you have chosen and support the points you make in your essay.
5) Support your analysis with a minimum of 15 scholarly articles.
Scenarios: (Each scenario provides a context, nursing role, client group and health goal.
1. You are working as a registered nurse in a community centre with a drop in clinic for “Under 20’s”.
Goal: You want to promote health literacy and decision-making in relation to drug and/or alcohol use.
2. You are working as a registered nurse in a community centre that serves a large population of refugees seeking asylum from Afghanistan.
Goal: You want to promote the health literacy and decision-making related to mental health.
3. You are working as a registered nurse in a sexual health clinic.
Goal: You want to promote health literacy in relation to sexual health and decision-making for sex workers.
4. You are working as a registered nurse in a rural or remote community.
Goal: You want to promote health literacy about making lifestyle change/s to improve health for men (please specify the lifestyle change/s on which you are focusing and the type of community – examples include a remote community which has a large number of Indigenous Australians or a large number of fly-in, fly-out workers).
• Ensure that you use scholarly literature (digitised readings, research articles, relevant Government reports and text books) that has been published within the last 10 years.
• Please do not use headings in this assignment task.
• Write in the third person and use academic language throughout.
• Refer to the marking criteria when writing your assignment. This will assist you in calculating the weightings of the sections for your assignment.
• For all presentation, referencing and formatting guidelines please refer to the School of Nursing & Midwifery Writing and Referencing Guide.
The post Discuss how the community nurse could promote health literacy in relation to the health goal identified for the chosen client group. appeared first on Nursing Writing Services.