Required reading: Textbook: Review Chapter 2, 3 (p 56-59), 13
Â· Link to the text book is HERE
MUST CITE THE TEXT BOOK and ONE scholarly source (total of 2 citations)
Instructions You are an advisor to the President tasked with cutting at least $300 billion from the budget. The president wants your recommendations to cut lines, not large categories. Explain why you chose those cuts.
DOMESTIC PROGRAMS AND FOREIGN AID
– Cut some foreign aid to African countries – $17 billionâ€¯
– Eliminate farm subsidies – â€¯$14 billion
– Cut pay of civilian federal workers by 5 percent – $14 billion
– Reduce the overall federal workforce by 10%$12 billion
â€¯- Cut aid to states by 5% – $29 billion
– Cut the number of nuclear warheads, and end the “Star Wars” missile defense program – â€¯$19 billion
– Reduce military to pre-Iraq War size and further reduce troops in Asia and Europe – $25 billion
â€¯- Cancel or delay some weapons programs – $19 billion
– Enact medical malpractice reform by reducing the chances of large malpractice verdicts – â€¯$ 8 billion
â€¯- Increase the Medicare eligibility age to 68 – $ 8 billion
– Raise the Social Security retirement age to 68. – â€¯$13 billion
– Return the estate tax to Clinton-era levels, passing on an estate worth more than $1 million to their heirs would have portions of those estates taxed. – $ 50 billion
â€¯- End tax cuts for income above $250,000 a year – $ 54 billion
â€¯- End tax cuts for income below $250,000 a year – â€¯$ 172 billion
â€¯- Payroll tax increase for people making over $106,000 annually contributing more to Social Security and Medicare. – $ 50 billion
-Institute a Millionaire’s tax on income above $1 million -â€¯$ 50 billion
â€¯- Add a national 5% sales tax – $ 41 billion
â€¯- Add a tax on carbon emissions – $ 40 billion
â€¯- Tax banks based on their sizes and the amount of risk they take.
â€¯$ 73 billion
“. WITH BRAINY TERM PAPERS AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT”
Discussion 1: Presidential Advisor was first posted on October 7, 2019 at 10:27 pm.
©2019 "Brainy Term Papers". Use of this feed is for personal non-commercial use only. If you are not reading this article in your feed reader, then the site is guilty of copyright infringement. Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
“Is this question part of your assignment? We will write the assignment for you. click order now and get up to 40% Discount”
Discussion 1: Presidential Advisor was first posted on October 7, 2019 at 10:31 pm.
©2019 "Nursing Writers". Use of this feed is for personal non-commercial use only. If you are not reading this article in your feed reader, then the site is guilty of copyright infringement. Please contact me at email@example.com