Submit by Day 6 a 2- to 3-page paper with four parts in which you:
- Part 1: Briefly, and as objectively as possible, describe the intercultural interaction with someone whose behavior was annoying or offensive to you that you thought of in the “To prepare” section.
- Part 2: Describe the situation using the D-I-E framework. Report on the alternative interpretations and evaluations that emerged from this activity. Explain what new insight this gives you into the situation and your reaction to it.
- Part 3: Using the BASIC dimensions, evaluate your behaviors during this interaction and explain what this evaluation reveals about your intercultural interactions.
- Part 4: Conclude with an explanation of how this exercise impacts your preparation for your Final Project.
- This is the Rubric for my assignment
• Describes the intercultural interaction with someone whose behavior was annoying or offensive
• Describes the situation using the D-I-E framework (descriptive, interpretive, and evaluative statements about the event)
• Offers alternative interpretations and evaluations that emerged from this activity
• Explains new insight about the situation and reaction
• Evaluates personal behavior using the BASIC dimensions (Display of Respect; Orientation of Knowledge; Empathy; Interaction Management; Task Role Behavior; Relational Role Behavior; Tolerance for Ambiguity; Interaction Posture)
• Explains what the evaluation reveals about personal intercultural interactions
• Explains how this exercise informs preparation for the Final Project
• Explains insights gained from this exercise
• Uses APA formatting for paper
• Cites all references in APA format